Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 1st: Day 1 - Ready, Set, Go!

February usually has 28 days - this year it's 29 - and my goal is to eat vegan and exercise every day this month.  My beginning weight this morning was 221.0 pounds exactly.  I weighed 228 back in May 2011, which I believe was my peak.

Last night dinner was a planned extravaganza at Longhorn Steakhouse: French Onion Soup, Bread and butter, Caesar salad, steak tips with onions and mushrooms, macaroni and cheese and a beer.  I don't normally eat like that much anymore - and quite honestly, it wasn't that good - even though the food was technically up to their standard.  That's a good sign, I hope.  My palate is changing... now let's see what happens over the next month.

Breakfast consisted of one of the worlds largest pomelo's.  Lunch was fried hash brown style potatoes with peppers and onions (no oil) and salsa...

I walked for 30 minutes while the girls were at dance lessons.  Then it was dinner time.  Chipotle to the rescue: Vegetarian Salad without dressing: Romain lettuce, brown rice, black beans, corn salsa, mild salsa, hot salsa, and guacamole.

No comments:

Post a Comment